Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gospel Principles # 33 Missionary Work

Gospel Principles # 33 Missionary Work
This week we had a great lesson on Missionary Work. Three things that I learned from her lesson were.
1. There is really no way you can say "yes I am doing 100% missionary work all the time, and I am 100% satisfitsifed with my contribution, and also live a normal life" so you have to make goals. Obtainable goals. Mine are a. take my kids to church each Sunday and teach them the gospel each week. b. do what I suppose to do so I can receive prompting and answer question my kids, or co-workers, friends ect.. c. live my life in a way that is a non verbal missionary tool. I am an example and people watch me. Right now these are my goals and that at the end of the day, week, month I can do a mentally check off and feel good about living this principle.
2. My job is to teach not to convert. Phew- I've always stressed about this. I don't want to tell people what they believe is wrong, or that their efforts are not good enough, or put off the perception that I am better because I believe to have the full truth. My job is to teach people in a humble way; and if they accept they accept and if they don't they don't and thats just ok.
3. Just because others take Book of Mormon's on the plane and teach the gospel to the lucky passenger next to them. I don't have. If I am ever on a plane I'm wresting with 2 kids and a husband, or if I EVER get the luxury of going alone. I am sleeping or putting on the headphones and shutting out the world. And I should not have the thought in the back of my head man I should be like so and so who teaches on the plane. I should teach in a way I feel comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment